CTC is proud to offer one-of-a-kind traffic signal cabinet training classes. The two-day class covers the history, nomenclature, components, and features of traffic cabinets and dedicates a full day to hands-on troubleshooting.
Our Traffic Signal Cabinet Mobile Learning Lab is on tour and is likely coming to a city near you! For information on our class schedule or to request a future class in your area, call 800-488-8841. Class size is limited!
Day One/Intro To A Traffic Signal Cabinet
- Major Compnents in a NEMA Cabinet
- Fundamentals of Electricity: Volts, Amps, Watts, Ohms Law
- The History of the NEMA Cabinet
- Features of a NEMA Controller
- Breaking through the nomenclature: NEMA, ATC TS-1, TS-2, etc.
- Conflict Monitor (MMU)
- Bus Interface Unit (BIU), the Load Switch and the Flasher
- Police Panel, the Card Rack, and the Power Panel
- Cabinet Print Reading and Application
Day Two/Troubleshooting Cabinets
- Hands-On Troubleshooting Clinic
- The "Rules of the Road"
- Utilizing "Best Practices"